Real Women, Existent Lives - Encounter Heather Von St.James, Mesothelioma Cancer Survivor

Real Women, Real Lives

We are surrounded past times inspirational women on a daily basis, they are on the telly the radio, or they've written the books nosotros purchase or the articles/blog posts nosotros read.  It's slow to seat a celebrity on a pedestal in addition to wish their lifestyle, ability in addition to determination, but nosotros don't demand to plow to the glossy magazines, or the big screen, to detect inspirational women who tin hand the sack motivate us to succeed.  They alive side past times side door, move amongst us, speak to us at the supermarket.
I wanted to highlight these incredible individuals on my blog.  Women who possess got succeeded on their chosen path, or turned misfortune into positivity.  Ladies who possess got conquered affliction or gone higher upward in addition to beyond to assistance others in addition to brand a difference.  They are your friend, co-worker in addition to neighbour.  I am honoured to last able to innovate a host of remarkable women for my novel feature, Real Women, Real Lives.   Women who are happy to percentage their motivational journeying in addition to the inspiration behind their success.  I promise yous savour this feature, in addition to every bit e'er delight experience complimentary to move out us a comment below.

Meet Heather Von St.James, Mesothelioma Cancer Survivor.

For many of us, Feb is a mutual frigidness in addition to wretched calendar month that must last suffered through to accomplish the bounty of Spring that follows.  Today, on my novel feature, Real Women, Real Lives, I am joined past times a special invitee who has this Feb marked on her calendar every bit an particular month.

Heather Von St.James, was given only 15 months to alive dorsum inward 2005.  She was diagnosed with pleural mesothelioma, cancer that terms Heather her left lung.  At the historic stream of 36 in addition to alone 3 months subsequently giving nascency to her beautiful daughter, Lily Rose, she received the life-altering diagnosis.

“I had malignant pleural mesothelioma.  The blank await on my confront told him I had no persuasion what I was upward against…

…The doc asked me if my dad was a miner or if he had ever worked with asbestos.  I saw myself every bit a child, wearing my father’s move jacket, white in addition to crusty from drywall dust.  The cancer was inward the lining of my left lung.”

Faced with surgery, Heather tried to wind her caput some the fact that she had cancer.  She faced an uncertain hereafter in addition to the possibility that she may never come across her immature adult woman grow up.  Everything she read confirmed what the doctors had been telling her; she would last dead inward 15 months.

Brushing aside the tears in addition to loss of control, Heather was able to possess got command of her fear, reciting i of my favourite acronyms; FEAR – False Evidence Appearing Read.

“If yous possess got a long difficult await at fearfulness that is just what it is.  It builds upward to eclipse every rational thought, in addition to when it comes fourth dimension to confront those fears, yous realise that they are non what yous thought.

When I faced my fears, I flora out I was stronger than I ever imagined.”

Heather encourages people to confront their fears.  She yet has concerns that her cancer may return, or that her hubby or immature adult woman may teach sick, but she doesn’t allow these fears command her.

There is a beautiful website where Heather shares her flush inward the promise that her journeying volition assistance others who are coping with the same symptoms in addition to frightening experience.  The site tracks her incredible flush from the fearfulness in addition to denial, through the treatment, loss, in addition to setbacks, in addition to eventually to survivorship.  It is a brave in addition to insightful story, in addition to I urge everyone to read it – Beating the Odds.


This Feb marks a special anniversary for Heather, every bit she is straightaway a ten-year mesothelioma cancer survivor.  It is her aim to enhance awareness almost mesothelioma, a deadly cancer caused past times exposure to asbestos.

On average, the 3,000 people who are diagnosed with mesothelioma every year, are given x months to live.  That’s only three-hundred days!

For to a greater extent than data on mesothelioma cancer, delight view the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance

You tin hand the sack likewise follow Heather on Facebook in addition to Twitter.



“When promise is inward the equation, the odds don’t matter.” I genuinely believe that, in addition to I conception on beingness some for many to a greater extent than years to come.  Heather Von St. James
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close