What's Your Ability Discussion Of The Day?

Last calendar week I talked nigh leaving behind the rigidity of goal setting to allow for the relaxed beauty of ‘flow setting’.  You tin read that postal service here.

Today I desire to innovate you lot to a novel motivational past times fourth dimension that I stumbled upon whilst writing upward final week’s post. 
 

It’s no hugger-mugger that I adore journaling.  My domicile in addition to component subdivision are total to the rafters alongside pretty notebooks, matching pens in addition to folders.  ‘My call is Shelley in addition to I am addicted to Stationery!’

So, equally I spent a luxurious hr on Pinterest, my ‘super-stationery-senses’ were activated when I flora a link to the seaweedkisses blog.  Michelle’s beautiful page is dedicated to her passion for journaling.  As good equally sharing her tips, she invites us to accept a sneak peek into the notebooks, journals in addition to organisers from people all over the world.

Before I become on, I desire to laid the scene of simply how excited I was to abide by this site.  First of all, allow me enquire you lot a question.  Who has watched Indiana Jones in addition to the Last Crusade (1989)?  That’s the 1 alongside Sean Connery inwards it.

Now my dad happens to endure the spitting paradigm of Sean Connery therefore this is my favourite of all the Indiana Jones films (honestly he does!).  The other reason, I dearest this film, is the drive diary.  Remember?  Everyone is trying to larn concord of the diary therefore they tin abide by the loving cup of Christ.  That diary mesmerised me.  I would intermission the celluloid simply to pick out handle of a glimpse of the pages.

Leather fountain notebooks filled alongside intricate diagrams, sketches in addition to personal findings are every journaling fanatics dream. 

Let’s supply to reality in addition to dorsum to my Pinterest discovery.  One of the guests on seaweedkisses was Jose from Spain.  His mag resembled the drive diary inwards every agency (well, apart from beingness inwards Spanish!).  It was therefore I realised that I had the mightiness to create a drive diary worthy of whatever Hollywood movie.

Picture seaweedkisses.blogspot.co.uk
When I visited the Christmas High German Market held inwards Birmingham, I bought myself a beautiful leather fountain notebook alongside a Tiger’s oculus crystal inwards the centre, wrapped past times cord.  I had no stance what I was going to write inwards it, but I knew I had to ain it.  Told you lot – Addicted! 

When I flora the photograph of Jose’s mag I knew that I’d flora a argue to purpose my beautiful notebook, but what on public could I write?  It had to endure motivational therefore I could part my findings alongside my readers, in addition to it had to endure beneficial for my personal evolution in addition to well-being.

Pinterest to the rescue again.  My continued search for inspiration uncovered sites’ for mag prompts in addition to inventive lists for inventiveness (one of my New Year's Day Flow Settings!)  I grabbed a slice of newspaper in addition to began to scribble downwardly ideas.  When I’d finished I realised I had a listing of Power Words.
 
Using a double page spread (my notebook is 17cm x 12cm) I assigned 1 Power Word a twenty-four hours in addition to doodled pictures, thoughts, feelings in addition to quotes to produce alongside that item word. 
 


 
It was real similar to meditating.  I flora a comfy topographic point in addition to surrounded myself alongside my coloured pens in addition to simply wrote what came into my head. 

As I induce got a slightly hectic life, I flora that keeping upward alongside my Power Word doodles on a daily dry ground was non e'er possible.  I didn’t stress nigh it, when fourth dimension allowed I added 2 or to a greater extent than words, inwards the even earlier bed worked best for me. 

The pages are steadily filling up, in addition to it’s amazing how calming it is to flip through the piffling mass in addition to abide by a nugget of inspiration to laid me upward for the day.

If you lot fancy giving it a become this is what you’ll need:

·         Pretty notebook (or brand your ain out of bit papers)
·         Pen, coloured pens/pencils, stickers, or other embellishments you lot like
·         Favourite affirmations or quotes
 
You don’t necessitate to endure an creative somebody – this is clearly obvious when you lot await at my mag compared to Jose’s!  I don’t care, it’s personal, quirky, in addition to motivational in addition to all mine.

Wondering what Power Words to use?  Try these:

·         Angel
·         Beauty
·         Childhood
·         Dreams
·         Experience
·         Focus
·         Grateful
·         Happiness
·         Imagination
·         Joy
·         Kindness
·         Laughter
·         Motivation
·         Neighbourhood
·         Open
·         Power
·         Quiet
·         Reach
·         Silly
·         Thankful
·         Universe
·         Vision
·         Wandering
·         Xmas
·         You
·         Zeal

My twelve-year-old missy flora me scribbling inwards my mag yesterday, she watched me for a spell therefore disappeared, exclusively to reappear alongside a tatty notepad from her desk in addition to her pencil case.  I didn’t state a word, I simply moved my mass therefore she could part the tabular array in addition to felt the pride bubble upward equally she started her Power Word of the twenty-four hours doodle-fest.  Priceless!
 
I would dearest to remove heed your thoughts on this.  Do you lot already induce got a daily ritual that is similar?  Please part it inwards the comments section.  I dearest to read nigh your motivational techniques. 

Power Word of the Day = Delicious

Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close