Using Coloring Me Beautiful To Boost Wellbeing


If y'all were to accept a hold off at my wardrobe, y'all would come across a plethora of dark fabric.  Skirts, trousers, dresses too tops; all of them are black.  I don’t purpose my dark wearable every bit a ‘think thin’ statement, and, fortunately, it isn’t because I attend a multitude of funerals, I merely similar wearing black.  I believe it may receive got something to exercise amongst my passion for the Gothic genre.  I exercise receive got the occasional flutter of blue, crimson too green, but I receive got to last inward the correct mood.

During my Resolution Challenge dorsum inward 2013, 1 of the hardest weeks for me was when, at my daughter’s request, I had to surrender wearing dark for an entire week.  Suffice to say it was highly entertaining too 1 of my hardest challenges.  You tin read the postal service I wrote almost it HERE.

So, when I signed upwards for a Colour Me Beautiful session amongst my mum, I was worried that dark would last on my no-no list.  Fortunately, I am 1 of the lucky ones who tin acquire away amongst it (phew!), but I was surprised at how much coloring tin alter your full appearance.


The session was a birthday introduce for my mum too nosotros were looked afterward yesteryear Lisa, from Transforming U, who made us experience incredibly welcome.  Lisa explained the history behind Colour Me Beautiful, telling us that it has been the world’s leading goodness inward icon consulting for millions of women too men, around the world, for over thirty years.

It’s non merely almost the colours; the session gives y'all advice too confidence to utilise your wearable for your wellbeing.  Being good dressed doesn’t necessarily receive got to hateful ‘expensive’.  Lisa showed us how to correspond our clothes amongst our personality.  She also walked us through the procedure of staying electrical flow too appropriate for our age. 

Wearing clothes, that flatter your proportions tin alter your entire look.  Finally, nosotros got to hold off at which colours complement our colouring.

There is a scientific discipline behind the coloring me beautiful approach, too it was fascinating to larn to a greater extent than almost this side of the colour analysis.  The influence behind today’s Colour Me Beautiful organisation is the Munsell system.  In 1903, Albert Munsell created a organisation of coloring that he based on human optic response.  It contains iii characteristics; hue, value too chroma (clarity).

The hue represents cool or warm colours, whereas the value refers to its depth on a scale of 0 to 10 (black is 0/white is 10).  The grading betwixt low-cal too night colours measures the depth.  Finally, the chroma refers to the clarity of a colour, from vibrant to clear, also graded on a scale of 0 to xiv (muted is 0/clearest is 14).

Once nosotros understood the science, Lisa was able to notice out which colours were best for us.  The origin stair was to notice our dominant colouring; this is done with your pilus too optic colour. 

I am a brunette amongst dark-brown eyes. However, I dye my pilus a reddish coloring too this has an behavior on on my overall colouring.

My mum is blonde amongst dark-brown eyes.
Once nosotros knew our dominant coloring (I was ‘deep’), nosotros could motion onto the coloring test.  This is where Lisa draped a multifariousness of coloring swatches across us to create upwards one's take away heed if nosotros were warm or cool, clear or soft.  The number volition principle the dissimilar shades of a detail coloring that nosotros tin wear.

My resultant was; Deep – Warm – Soft, too therefore my coloring palette includes rust, navy, moss, salmon, chocolate brown, red, purple, too a host of other incredibly rich colours.

For the origin fourth dimension inward ages, I was excited almost wearing colour.  Interestingly, my mums resultant showed that lighter shades of blueish were non a goodness coloring for her.  My mum has ever worn blueish clothes too makeup therefore it was quite foreign for her to rethink non exclusively her clothes but her makeup routine.  As it happens, she switched to wearing to a greater extent than earthy tones too it has transformed her face.

It was this aspect that fascinated me.  By placing a swatch of coloring unopen to our faces, Lisa could tell what worked too what didn’t.  I didn’t grasp it until she pose 2 shades of dark-brown nether my chin.  One of the shades made my cheeks looked pinkish too healthy, too the other made me hold off similar a bubonic plague survivor! It was an optic opening experience.

Since returning home, nosotros receive got both decluttered our wardrobes too recycled our clothing.  I’ve taken out all the incorrect shades that made me hold off drawn too ill, too pulled the improve colours to the front end – I may receive got also indulged inward a modest shopping spree! 

I bought a rust jacket inward the sale, something I would never receive got idea almost wearing before, too I squad it amongst my jeans too a chocolate dark-brown blouse.  Every fourth dimension I have on this outfit I am told yesteryear friends, household unit of measurement too fifty-fifty strangers on the street, that I hold off great.

According to Lisa, this is the ultimate test.  If someone asks if you’ve non slept, or wonders if y'all are nether the weather, the chances are you’re wearing the incorrect colour.  When y'all are complimented on your outfit or told y'all are glowing, too therefore you’ve got it location on!

The session was bully fun too both of us thoroughly enjoyed the day.  We’ve both learned therefore much too it has definitely influenced our shopping.  Lisa gave us each a wallet that contains modest swatches of our unique colours.  I accept mine amongst me everywhere I acquire therefore I tin correspond upwards a top or jacket coloring to the swatch too cheque it’s a goodness choice.

The Colour Me Beautiful session has given me the confidence to have on colours too sure as shooting helped amongst my wellbeing.  Instead of thinking I hold off ill, I straightaway experience an inner glow that boosts my self-esteem.  I notwithstanding have on a lot of black, but I squad it upwards amongst a multifariousness of coloured accessories, jackets too scarves. 

Try it for yourself or pose a Colour Me Beautiful session on your Christmas list. 

I’d last interested to hear if anyone else has used coloring to get upwards their wellbeing; delight experience costless to acquire out me a comment below.
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close