Guest Writer Interview - Stephan Myers

Today I am pleased to innovate children's writer together with illustrator, Stephan Myers. 

 
 
The Fun Five:
 
1.  What business office of the earth utilization you lot come upwards from?
 
I was genuinely born inwards Hull.  Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Yorkshire human being born, but non bred.  I come upwards from a service identify unit of measurement together with nosotros moved on a regular footing both inwards the UK of Britain together with Northern Republic of Ireland together with Europe.
 
2.  What did you lot desire to survive when you lot grew up?
 
I wishing I could tell I had a item ambition.  I was rattling much into athletics together with it wasn't until afterward years that I chose a corporate career.
 
3.  List 3 words to depict yourself.
 
Tenacious, inquisitive, creative
 
4.  Who would play you lot inwards a cinema near your life?
 
I select no idea.  I don't sentinel TV together with am a niggling out of touch, but it would select to survive mortal amongst a receding hairline!
 
5.  Who is your favourite author?
 
Carlos Ruiz Zafon has been my favourite writer for many years.  Authors come upwards together with larn but he has a magical plough of phrase that conjures a existent feel of atmosphere inwards his books.  His children's books are exactly superb.
 
The Sensible Six:
 
1.  What inspired you lot to write your foremost book?
 
My foremost even out was genuinely The Prayer which I wrote after seeing an aide worker helping a immature homeless kid on a London street.  It was a niggling after midnight together with something of an oculus opener for me equally I had exactly left a corporate dinner!  By the fourth dimension my prepare arrived inwards the station I already had the even out inwards my mind.  It's an icon I volition never forget together with I oftentimes wonder what happened to the kid they were helping.  It's had tremendous reviews together with has reached over 100,000 readers together with hence far.  Although the championship suggests otherwise it isn't religious together with has much inwards mutual amongst the Little Match Girl past times HCA together with A Christmas Carol past times Charles Dickens inwards price of note together with tenor.
2.  What made you lot write for children rather than adults?
 
I've written several books for immature adult together with adult readers.  The YA novels characteristic Loss beyond The Book of Dreams equally she reaches her teenage years.  The foremost is called Shadows inwards the Dark.  It carries on from the pic books together with volition survive released after The Colour Silver is launched.  I promise this volition survive inwards 2016 equally I am currently taking a suspension from the serial to consummate a twain of stand upwards lone novels I desire to release.
 
3.  Tell us a niggling near your illustrations.
 
The books are illustrated past times myself together with Nick Smith.  I had a clear thought of the characters from the rattling beginning, but every even out sees them evolve a niggling more.  Nick is rattling much a traditional illustrator who shuns digital mediums together with plant alone inwards watercolour where equally I'm quite happy working inwards dissimilar mediums.  I promise your readers volition grip at that spot is a timeless together with magical chemical component division to the illustrations which genuinely select the spirit of the words.  They genuinely are a pleasance to illustrate.
 
4.  Is Loss based on anyone you lot know?
 
Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 big no on that one.  She's to a greater extent than the culmination of many characters I read equally a child.  I wanted a graphic symbol that had a certainly naivety but loved adventure.  We too wanted to utilization a graphic symbol who was at nowadays recognisable.  Alongside Ted, Loss is e'er flora inwards her PJs amongst her scarlet dressing gown.
 
5.  What tin nosotros hold off from you lot inwards the future?
 
We are currently rushing to consummate Just Ted which nosotros promise to unloosen earlier Christmas together with at that spot volition survive a long fiction children's majority featuring Loss together with Ted inwards the New Year, but thereafter at that spot volition survive a suspension of at to the lowest degree a twelvemonth earlier anything else is released.
 
6.  How tin nosotros contact you lot or honor out to a greater extent than near your books?
 
You tin honor out to a greater extent than near the books at www.lossdeplott.com there is the green contact shape on the site.
You tin honor me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/stephanjmyers
together with on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/StephanJMyersAuthor
 
To have 30% OFF everything on Stephan's site, quote TCRB10  http://www.lossdeplott.com/#/buy-the-books/4586913605

 




Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close