A Twelvemonth Inwards Review #Wwwblogs


A Year inward Review

At this fourth dimension of year, it’s difficult non to reverberate on the past times twelve months. However, it tin endure also slow to dwell on the negatives together with forget well-nigh all the positive things that mightiness get got happened - births, marriages, novel friendships, events, laughter, together with love.

Before I shuffle off to relish a mince pie or two, I idea it would endure nice to circular off 2016 past times doing a spider web log transportation service dedicated to a review of my year. As many of my regular readers know, I do honey to laid goals together with challenges, together with I as relish sharing the highs together with lows alongside all of you. Why non do your own twelvemonth inward review? Feel complimentary to add together a brief summary inward the comments below, or jot it inward your journal. It’s a fun exercise to try.

Books I’ve Read: 50

Every twelvemonth I laid myself a Goodreads reading challenge. For the past times twain of years, I’ve aimed to read fifty books together with managed to make this. Some of my mass blogger friends get got read 200+ books this year. I intend I’ll stick alongside my lower target of fifty for 2017! 

Here is a pick of the books I’ve read together with enjoyed this year.
You tin read the reviews for each of these over on my author blog.

Book/Blog/Holistic Events Attended: 11

I was on the Health together with Healing Radio exhibit inward Jan to verbalize well-nigh my books.

Attended a twain of blogger/author meet-ups inward Birmingham for the Book Connectors Facebook group, coming together many of my online friends face-to-face for the kickoff time.

I was honoured to endure a invitee speaker at the ‘It’s Your Life West Midlands’ Wellbeing Show, where I did a verbalize well-nigh meditation.

After reading Writers’ Forum mag for many years, I was delighted to seem on the glossy pages inward 1 of their writer features.

Every twelvemonth I motility to attend diverse Mind, Body, Spirit events selling my non-fiction books together with crystal gifts. It’s ever therefore much fun to run into readers inward soul together with notice out well-nigh their challenges together with dreams.

I facilitated several Self-Publishing for Your Business workshops for local networking groups.

In June I went to the Annual Blogger Bash inward London where I scooped the top prize for Most Inspirational Blog. 

Greatest Achievements: 2

Winning the Most Inspirational Blog Award was a huge achievement for me. Blogging is something I honey to do, together with yet it’s a lonely task, as is writing inward general, together with real oftentimes yous tin experience similar it’s simply yous together with your laptop. Not alone was I nominated for this abide by (something that filled me alongside pride), but tons of people voted for me therefore I could win! That was a huge boost for my self-confidence together with tugged on the one-time view strings. Thank yous if yous took the fourth dimension to vote for me, it was hugely appreciated.

I published 3 books inward 2016, together with I’ve written ii to a greater extent than which are inward the editing stages.

Guardians of the Sky (the instant mass inward my immature adult fantasy trilogy) was published inward January, followed past times Guardians of the Lost Lands (book three) inward November. On 1st Dec I also published my Oracle Guidebook which has received non bad feedback.

Goals Met for 2016:

I do honey writing my New Year's Day Resolution listing but next a twain of years alongside wellness issues, having to closed my holistic business, together with coping alongside my depression together with anxiety, the goals were few together with far betwixt this year. The twain I did laid were based on my writing, health, together with family.

  • Write together with issue ii books inward 2016. I met together with exceeded this goal!
  • Exercise a minimum of twice a week. I joined a local gym together with began using the treadmill iv times a week. With a recent breast infection, I’ve had to ease upwards on this, but I await forwards to getting dorsum to the gym inward the New Year.
  • Spend to a greater extent than character fourth dimension alongside the kids. I can’t tick this destination off as it wasn’t achieved to how I’d pictured it inward my head. Once upon a fourth dimension I would accept my 3 children out every calendar month for a household unit of measurement fun twenty-four hours (ice skating, cinema, beach, etc.). However, my kids are similar a shot 18, 15, together with fourteen together with get got their routines, friends, together with desires. The household unit of measurement days out didn’t occur real often, but I’m the alone 1 who was upset past times this. Kids grow up; the household unit of measurement dynamics evolve, together with inward 2017 I demand to encompass these changes together with laid my household unit of measurement goals around the ever changing landscape that is teenage life!

Best Bit of 2016:

Winning the blogger abide by was pretty amazing, as was appearing on the glossy pages of Writers’ Forum magazine, but I get got to say, for me, the best flake of 2016 has been the friendships I’ve developed, both one-time together with new.

I’ve had the chance to run into many online friends face-to-face this year, friends who get got been a large purpose of my ‘virtual’ life for iv years. I’ve basked inward the London sunshine chatting well-nigh kids, grandkids, together with life inward general, together with I’ve sipped java together with talked books, writing, together with blogging alongside people who I alone knew past times their thumbnail photograph (apparently, I’m much taller than my picture!!). Social media tin endure a scary house sometimes, but the benefits of these platforms tin offering incredible opportunities, together with for that, I’m eternally grateful.

There are people who come into your life together with modify it for the better, in that location are those who alone remain for a curt fourth dimension together with therefore disappear, together with in that location are those friends who railroad train into something special. I’ve seen my friendships modify irrevocably over the past times twain of years, together with I’ve noticed who has stuck past times me when I striking stone bottom spell learning difficult lessons well-nigh negativity together with misplaced trust. I could include the friendships I’ve lost inward my ‘worst bits’ section, but I don’t wishing to dwell on these people. I wishing to encompass the positive liberate energy I’ve received from those incredible friends who supported me together with boot the bucket along to do so.

Worst Bit of 2016:

Depression! I know I’ve blogged well-nigh this earlier together with I know it came as a stupor to many of my regular readers simply how much I’ve struggled alongside mental wellness the past times twain of years, but I experience it’s 1 of the most of import topics to talk about. We all get got a bad twenty-four hours now together with then, but depression together with anxiety are null like the bad day’s I’ve ever experienced before. H5N1 bad twenty-four hours tin escalate into a calendar week of inner torment, revulsion, together with guilt. I’ve tried to notice the signs of a low catamenia earlier it comes, but most oftentimes I’ve been side-swiped past times it together with had no liberate energy even to muster a smile. I know that I neglected my spider web log for a large chunk of 2016 together with depression was the original argue behind this. Trying to inspire, together with offering advice to others when yous experience such a failure is non conducive of a motivational blog!

On the addition side, I’ve done therefore much research, self-care, together with soul searching that I should get got plenty content to fill upwards my spider web log for the adjacent few years now! When I get got a practiced day, I write. I pour the words onto the page together with revel inward the passion of what I honey to do. When I combat to elevator my head, I similar a shot empathise that this is okay, together with I don’t musical rhythm out myself upwards well-nigh taking a fourth dimension out.

So, my worst flake of 2016 has taught me an important lesson inward learning to head to my body together with tiresome down. To let myself those nighttime periods but non analyse together with estimate them.

New Beginnings - Goals for 2017:

With the New Year's Day ahead I experience excited well-nigh setting myself goals. I empathise that I all the same can’t accept also much on together with that’s okay. I volition play to my strengths inward 2017.

Writing together with wellness volition accept centre phase over again adjacent year, but I also promise to endure able to start running my workshops again. In 2016 I began developing a make of eCourses, together with therefore I promise to deliver these inward 2017.

I’ve been playing around alongside the build of my motivational spider web log together with volition boot the bucket along to tweak this until it feels right. I do know that I wishing to include lifestyle goals, motivational elements, together with holistic wellness inward the novel make of topics. If in that location is something you’d similar me to concealment inward 2017, delight experience complimentary to add together it inward the comments below.

All that remains to endure said is Happy New Year! Thank yous SO much for your back upwards of this blog; for the comments, shares, together with positive energy. I can’t limited how eternally grateful I am to all my readers. Please know that everything I write well-nigh is inward the promise it volition assist you, or someone yous know, together with that volition boot the bucket along to endure my mission disceptation for 2017.

Join me on Mon 2nd Jan for my kickoff transportation service of 2017. I’m hoping to issue a novel transportation service every Monday, therefore it makes it slow for yous to notice novel content, together with bring together inward alongside the community.

May 2017 endure total of love, laughter, abundance, together with happiness for yous together with your family.

Blessings

Shelley xxx

Thanks for visiting my blog, I promise yous enjoyed this post. Want more? Connect alongside me here: Twitter @ShelleyWilson72, Instagram or check out my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/MotivateMeBlog. You tin also notice me on Pinterest
Buat lebih berguna, kongsi:
close